Thursday, September 11, 2008

Seven Years Ago....

Do you remember where you were, what you were doing on that day life as we know it changed forever? My girls were almost 4 and just 2, and I was 6 months pregnant with my son. We were meeting up with friends at the park on a beautiful morning. When our last friend arrived, she was running across the parking lot, talking on her cell phone and crying. When she told us that a plane had crashed into the first tower, I thought it must be some freak accident, I couldn't wrap my mind around the idea of a terrorist attack. But then, as we drove home listening to the radio as the series of events unfolded, it became undeniable. And to this day, for me, it remains surreal and almost unbelievable. But the reality is that close to 3000 people lost their lives that day. Hold your children, your family closer today, remembering those who perished on 9-11-2001. We must never forget.

Photobucket Image Hosting

0 comments: