After Evan's swim lesson today, we stopped at Salvation Army for their Wednesday 50% all clothing sale. I never seem to make it to this particular SA because it is in a not-so-great part of town, but I really need to make the trip more often as I always find good stuff there. I think it's because the people who shop there are NOT ebay people LOL so they are not scouring out the name brands like I am. Anyhow...today I came away with 17 (!!) items to sell on ebay (2 of which were new with tags! All were name brands: Gymboree, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Lands End, Baby Gap), 4 items for myself, and 3 items for Hannah. And the best part? My total was $13.64. GO ME!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Sunday, July 27, 2008
My very first time being tagged! Thanks to Trish at savingmoneyideas for tagging me!
Here are the rules when you get tagged:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
Six things about me:
1) I have a thrift shopping OBSESSION. It started by buying things to resell on ebay, and now I buy tons there for my family as well. Even my kids are hooked on the thrill of the hunt. I asked my 10 year old how we could spend the perfect day for her upcoming birthday and she replied, "Lets go thrift shopping all day and to the Olive Garden for dinner". That's my girl!!
2) Before I had my kids, I taught preschool for 8 years. Now that they are in school full time, I am thinking of running a part time preschool/mom's morning out program from my home. I miss my kids being that age!
3) DH and I are trying to begin to follow Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover plan. We are in the beginning stages of trying to work out a zero budget. I'd love to hear from any other DR followers!! Success stories are the biggest motivator!
4) My favorite food is Chinese. I could eat it every day...literally. And then blow up like a balloon from all the sodium LOL.
5) When DH and I got married (12 years ago) we both wanted 6 kids. After #3, we rethought that (LOL) but now that we are TTC #4, you just never know! Babies are so much fun, I can't imagine *never* having one again :(
6) I love, love, love to rollerskate. Not inline skates, but the old fashioned 4 wheel type. When I was a teenager, I was on a competitive speed skating team. Now my kids think it's cool that I can skate backwards and it is such good exercise when you get...ahem...older.
Now, to tag 6 people! I choose:
Money Saving Mom
Mindy at Mommies With Cents
My Good Cents
Angie at The Leonard Family - Get that Blog updated, baby!
Kate at w4to rock
Mom Is Broke
I enjoy reading all of these blogs so much!!!
Posted by jtibbetts001 at 10:07 AM
My mom has spent the past few days teaching my kids how to use her old sewing machine she just gave them. We thought the girls would love it and Evan would balk at it. Boy, were we wrong! He took to it very quickly and is in the process of sewing a blanket. It is a good first project (all straight stitching) and he is so proud of himself!
Friday, July 18, 2008
First off, I want to say a quick, heart-felt thank you to everyone who prayed for me during all this stuff I've been going through. After waiting 3 weeks and having 3 ultrasounds with 2 different doctors to confirm my blighted ovum (gosh, I hate that term!) I finally had my D&C done yesterday. The procedure went very smoothly and all of the hospital staff was just wonderful and compassionate. I feel really good physically and after 3 weeks of emotional turmoil, we are at peace with it all and definately ready to TTC again in the near future. Today is a new day......
Posted by jtibbetts001 at 12:14 PM
Sunday, July 13, 2008
LOL, I've denied it long enough...today I turned (gulp!) 34. The kids baked me a cake (with daddy's help) and since it is hard to fit 34 candles, they decided on 7 (3+4 LOL). Here is their masterpiece:
Posted by jtibbetts001 at 8:16 PM
My cat SO has the right idea..Here she is sleeping on top of the A/C vent LOL.
And here she is lounging on the windowsill
I thought this shot of the window came out cool. That's an empty lot across the street, it's in the process of being cleared. Hopefully they will build on it soon.
Posted by jtibbetts001 at 8:10 PM