Friday, August 29, 2008

Favorite Recipe Friday

I am going to start a new trend called "Favorite Recipe Friday". Every Friday I will share a favorite recipe and I ask that you share yours with myself and other readers as well. Just click on Comments below and leave yours for all to see! That way we will all be well-fed and happy :) Today's recipe is my DH's favorite Lemon Squares, from Betty Crockers 40th Anniversary Cookbook:
Photobucket

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup margarine or butter (I always use real butter when I bake) - softened
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon peel, if desired (I omit)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 eggs

Heat oven to 350. Mix flour, butter, and powdered sugar together. Press into an ungreased 8X8 or 9X9 baking pan, building up 1/2 around the edges. Bake 20 minutes. Beat remaining ingredients for about 3-4 minutes. Pour over hot crust. Bake an additional 25 minutes, or until no indentation remains when the center is lightly touched. Cool and then sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into squares. I especially enjoy these cold from the fridge :)

0 comments: