Thursday, June 26, 2008

Change of plans

Just wanted to update and let you know that we have decided to hold off on the D & C. I had blood drawn today and will have more drawn on Monday to see what my betas are doing. Also follow up with another ultrasound (or 2) to be absolutely sure this is a non-viable pregnancy. Turns out DH has a friend whose wife was diagnosed with a blighted ovum at 7 weeks and 2 weeks later, low and behold, there was a baby! I am not holding out much hope, as odds are that this will result in miscarriage but at least this way we will be more at peace with it. I figure it can't get any worse, so what is the harm in waiting a week or two just to be 100% sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a rough week. I'll pray for good news for you. I had 2 miscarriages, the first was I had a D&C, but fortunately I didn't need a D&C for the second one. Hang in there.

Mindy said...

I'm so sorry you are going through this! I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks and then got pregnant 2 months later and at 10.5 weeks they found out at an ultrasound that I had a blighted ovum as well. We followed with a more extensive ultrasound the next day and sure enough it was not good. I had a D&C the next day. I am not sure how far along you are, but good job in waiting! I was pretty far where there should have been a definite baby. Hang in there. Email me if you want to "talk." I hope that you have good news.