Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Banana Crumb Muffins

I love to bake and I love to try new recipes. A few of my favorite websites are:

All Recipes
A Year Of Crockpotting
Our Best Bites
Taste Spotting


Today I am sharing a favorite recipe from All Recipes.

Banana Crumb Muffins:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 mashed bananas
3/4 c white sugar
1 egg
1/3 c oil or melted butter (I use oil)

1/3 c packed brown sugar
2 tbl flour
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 tbl butter

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees

In large bowl beat together bananas, white sugar, egg, and oil. Add 1 1/2 c flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix just until moistened.

Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups, lined with baking cups or greased with cooking spray.

In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, 2 tbl flour, cinnamon, and 1 tbl butter. I use a small food processer, or you can cut the butter in with a pastry blender or 2 forks. Mixture should resemble course cornmeal. Spoon mixture over muffins.

Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes, unitl a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Enjoy!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments: